Friday, March 13, 2009

Ryland John







We are pleased to bring Ryland John into our family. He arrived on March 6, 2009 at 3.30 am. He weighed in at 7lbs 8 oz and was 21 inches long.
(Just to show you what a geek Keith is...Ryland's stats are all divisible by 3---3/6/09, combine the lbs and oz to 15, oh....and my placenta was delivered at 3.33.)

Caleb and Alanna are getting used to having a little brother. Caleb pretty much understands. Alanna... not so much. She knows he's a baby and will point to him and say, "Baby. Baby." But she doesn't really know how to act around him. She doesn't know that pulling out his pacifier, throwing books on him, and rocking him REALLY hard just isn't what a newborn wants. At this point, I really don't trust her around him.

So far, things are going well. He is a week old today and this past week, I've been really spoiled with Keith being home. I'm about to face reality come Monday. "What?!? I really have to get up at 8.00 and feed my other children???"

oh....and if you're wondering about his hair in the second picture...yes, the tips are brown. I have to pay money for highlights---he gets them for free!

2 comments:

Cami Ritsema said...

He could not be cuter and we could not be more proud!;) Thanks for the chat today, Suj!

Marisa said...

ADORABLE! Congrats again Suji! Too cute!